Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: B&M FP gauge question

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    53psi static FP on a GSR sounds pretty damn low to me. I had mine at 65psi.

    BTW, the B&M gauge I had was way out of whack. It disagreed with my electric FP gauge in different directions by different amounts at different pressures! I replaced it with a $10 industrial gauge with an actual accuracy rating (+/-2%) and it agrees with the electronic one almost exactly.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.937 @ 101.41mph (at 6psi)
    My JRSC Install Site

  2. #12
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    can you tell me the source of your guage and banjo bolt?

    thanks

    -tom

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought the B&M gauge kit ($30 or so). It comes with the bolt and the gauge. They don't sell the bolt seperately.

    I got the replacent gauge from McMaster-Carr Supply. http:\\www.mcmaster.com

    Search for gauges and pick one that's rated for gasoline and has the psi range you want.

    I got one that goes to 160psi.

    Greg

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My new fuel pressure with the vacuum off is ~52-53. With it on, it's around 48-49. Is it normal for the fuel pressure gauge to fluctuate a little bit (the needle is a little "jittery")?

    The car seems to be running a lot smoother now. I can only imagine that I've been using up a lot more fuel than I needed to use.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh. . . by the way, when I first unplugged the vacuum hose to check my fuel pressure, I was shocked to see that it was around 65 psi! I guess the JR FMU comes set pretty rich, eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •